There’s not much point in caravanning with the family and getting into the great outdoors if you’re going to sabotage all that fresh air and exercise with unhealthy eating. Instead, why don’t you and your family fuel up with fresh, healthy food that will help you all make the very best out of your holiday? It’s a lot easier than you might think, especially if you’re travelling in your Goldstream RV.
- Don’t stop for refreshments at takeaway stores. Pack sandwiches and snacks, and plan to eat at interesting places or roadside stops with a view. A little time spent on the internet ahead of time can make for far more enjoyable breaks than battling the crowds at fast food restaurants. Great snack choices are fruit, carrot sticks, and nuts.
- Ensure you eat enough protein. If you’re driving for a long time, out walking, or spending the day exploring new territory, make sure you get enough protein to eat. This will enhance your concentration, keep your blood sugar levels stable, and provide you with enough energy to accomplish your goals.
- Make sure you stay well hydrated. The easiest way to do this is with water. Often, we’ll mistake thirst for hunger and eat anything at hand to try and satisfy it.
- Drinking lots of water aids in maintaining energy and reduces cravings for unhealthy snacks. It will flush toxins from your body and help prevent heat exposure, too.
- Try to stick to regular mealtimes wherever possible. This will stop you from getting ravenously hungry and eating everything in sight, or snacking on not-so-healthy foods to keep you going. Combining this with stopping at the interesting places suggested in the first tip will allow you to rest and refresh both your mind and body on long trips, while ensuring you have the focus you need when you take to the road again.
- Preparing in advance also allows for the use of reusable utensils and water bottles. This both saves money and helps the environment, with only a little rubbish going into landfill, when compared to meals bought from takeaway outlets.
Of course, having a Goldstream caravan gives you a great advantage while travelling. With a built-in kitchen, it takes only moments to set up and get cooking. You have all of the equipment you need, and refrigeration means you don’t need to worry about eskies and buying ice.
Don’t have a Goldstream RV yet? Take some time before planning your next trip to learn about the different in our range – there’s sure to be one to be just right for your family.