Goldstream RV Service & Warranty Program
Goldstream Recreational Vehicles Pty Ltd's (ACN 099 628 770) ("Goldstream RV") Warranty and Service Program is integral to reliability, roadworthiness and helping ensure that your Caravan operates as intended. Servicing your Caravan allows potential problems or worn components to be identified before they become major safety concerns or turn into costly repairs.
Goldstream RV provides the following warranty in relation to its caravan products ("Caravan"). In order for you to maintain the following Warranty, the Caravan must be serviced in accordance with the Servicing and Maintenance Conditions below.
Thank you for your co-operation. The aim of Goldstream RV's Warranty and Service Program is to ensure that you get the most out of your Goldstream RV Caravan.
Goldstream RV warrants that, subject to the exclusions and limitations below, all parts of the manufacture or assembly of the Caravan carried out by Goldstream RV will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months from date of purchase ("Warranty Period").
This Warranty applies to the original Purchaser and is not transferable if the Caravan is sold by the original Purchaser during the Warranty Period.
If a defect covered by this Warranty appears, Goldstream RV will, in its sole discretion, either:
(a) repair or replace the Caravan or defective part of the Caravan without charge for parts and labour incurred in the rectification; or
(b) cause the Caravan or defective part of the Caravan to be repaired or replaced by an authorised Goldstream RV dealership ("Dealer") without charge for parts and labour incurred in the rectification.
Goldstream RV reserves the right to replace defective parts of the Caravan with parts and components of similar quality, grade and composition where an identical part or component is not available.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
- If work under this Warranty is required, the Purchaser should immediately contact the Dealer closest to where the Caravan is, the selling Dealer, or Goldstream RV at the address listed at the end of this Warranty Statement. Goldstream RV will not reimburse costs of repairs performed by outside companies without prior consent from Goldstream RV.
Any Warranty claim must be accompanied by:
(a) proof of purchase;
(b) full details of the alleged defect and photographs if appropriate; and
(c) appropriate documentation (such as historical and maintenance records including all service invoices).
- Subject to clause 5 of this Warranty Claims procedure, the Purchaser must make the Caravan or defective part of the Caravan available to Goldstream RV or the Dealer for inspection and testing. If such inspection and testing finds no defect in the Caravan, the Purchaser must pay Goldstream RV's usual costs of service work, evaluation and testing.
- The Purchaser must bear the cost of the transport of the Caravan to and from Goldstream RV or the Dealer, and all insurance of the Caravan.
- If the Purchaser requires service staff to attend 'on-site', the Purchaser will be charged costs in line with normal industry time and mileage charges.
This Warranty does not cover the following:
- Chassis, brakes or tyres. For any claim please refer to the relevant manufacturer.
- Other items not manufactured by Goldstream RV including appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, microwave ovens, freezers, air conditioners, radios or radio/cassette/DVDs, televisions or other options, which may be covered by the respective manufacturer or supplier of that item. Removal and re-installation costs of such items to enable repair under that warranty are the responsibility of the Purchaser. Please refer to local agency for service.
- Defects resulting from overloading, misuse, negligence, accident or any other cause beyond the direct control of Goldstream RV.
- Defects resulting from the fitting or installation of any accessories or options such as air conditioners, annexes or other items after the Caravan has left the premises of Goldstream RV.
- Any rectification, modification or other work required due to alterations in Local, State or Federal legislation, which occurs after manufacture of Caravan.
- Any consequential damages or repair work necessitated due to the continued usage or towing after a defect has, or should have become apparent to the Purchaser.
- Defects resulting from the Purchaser's failure to properly use, operate and maintain the Caravan in accordance with Goldstream RV's instructions, recommendations or specifications including applicable maintenance schedules contained in this booklet.
- Defects resulting from subjecting the Caravan to abnormal conditions, including environment, temperature, water, fire, humidity, pressure, stress or similar.
- Defects resulting from using unauthorised parts or accessories on or in relation to the Caravan.
- Defects resulting from using the Caravan other than for the purpose for which it was designed.
- Water damage caused by creek crossings, flooding and other similar conditions.
- Damage or defects caused by excessive speed, hard impact or use of the Caravan in unsuitable 4WD or off-road applications.
- Shrinkage, fading, punctures or tears to fabric items such as soft furnishings, mattresses and upholstery.
- Damage to surfaces and seals caused by after-treatments such as coatings, protectants and sealants.
- Normal wear and tear, deterioration due to exposure or damage due to natural causes.
Rental hire or commercial use of this Caravan will void this warranty.
This warranty does not apply to normal service and maintenance items. It is the responsibility and obligation of the Purchaser to service and maintain the Caravan in a safe and roadworthy condition. Failure to do so may void this warranty.
Servicing & Maintenance Conditions
All servicing must be carried out by the Goldstream RV Service and Accessory Centre or any of the Goldstream RV Service Agents Australia wide. The Goldstream RV Service and Accessory Centre is located at 12 Embrey Crt, Pakenham VIC 3810. Bookings should be made by phone on (03) 5941 7295. Goldstream RV recommends that service bookings are made well in advance as the Service Centres have waiting lists.
It is the Purchaser's responsibility to ensure that the services on the Caravan are carried out at the following intervals:
- 1st service at 1500km or 3 months.
- 2nd service at 10,000km or 6 months.
(It is mandatory that both the 1st and 2nd services are carried out within the Warranty Period.)
- Every 10,000km or 6 months thereafter.
The following items are to be addressed as part of each service:
- Wheel bearings to be checked
- Chassis to be checked for cracks and distortion
- Roof to be checked for leaks
- Windows to be checked for leaks
- Cupboard doors to be adjusted
- Shower and Plumbing to be checked for leaks
- All interior fittings to be checked for movement and distortion including appliances
- General check of any other areas of concern.
Retain a copy of your service invoices as these are required to make a Warranty Claim.
Goldstream RV also recommends that the wheel alignment of the Caravan is checked during the 1st or 2nd service. The cost of this service is in addition to the general servicing cost and is the responsibility of the Purchaser.
If the wheel alignment is not checked pursuant to Goldstream RV's recommendations, Goldstream RV will not be liable under the Warranty for uneven wear of tyres or suspension components.
Excessive tyre wear caused by extended periods of poor wheel alignment constitutes normal wear and tear for the purposes of the Warranty.All prices listed above may vary between service agents.
Goldstream RV makes no express warranties or representations other than set out in this Warranty.
The repair or replacement of the Caravan or defective part of the Caravan is the absolute limit of Goldstream RV's liability under this express Warranty.
The above warranty is in addition to any rights provided to the Purchaser through Australian State and Federal legislation that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying any State or Federal legislation applicable to the supply of goods and services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
GOLDSTREAM RECREATIONAL VEHICLES PTY LTD
ACN 009 628 770
Address: 75 Bald Hill Road,
Pakenham, Victoria 3810
Phone: (03) 5941 5571
Fax: (03) 5941 5572
GOLDSTREAM RV SERVICE & ACCESSORIES CENTRE
Address: 12 Embrey Court,
Pakenham, Victoria 3810
Phone: (03) 5941 7295
Fax: (03) 5940 3603